Immunocompromised refers to patients who
- Are receiving, or have received during the past six months, the following types of medicines including but not restricted to: Methotrexate, Azathioprine (Imuran), Enbrel, Humira or similar second-line and third-line treatments used to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis that have not been responding adequately to usual first-line treatments.
- Have taken the oral steroids (e.g. Prednisolone/'Deltacortril' tablets) at a dose of 20mg per day or more, for a period of 2 weeks or more, at any point in the past 3 months
- Are receiving some forms of chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer
- Are on medications to prevent organ rejection following transplant
- Have no spleen or a partially-functioning spleen